Basic Instructional Program
(Implementation Plan for Student Individual Career and Academic Plans)
In accordance with state law and the timeline prescribed by applicable State Board of Education rules (Rules), the district shall create a plan for the development and implementation of student individual career and academic plans (ICAP).
At a minimum, the districtís ICAP plan shall address:
1. How the district will ensure that all students, beginning in the ____ grade, have access to and assistance in the development of an ICAP.
2. The activities that will be addressed at each grade level of a studentís ICAP.
3. How studentsí ICAPs will be stored.
4. If possible, the professional development that will be provided to appropriate district staff regarding ICAPs and the staffís role in implementing the districtís ICAP plan.
5. The method that will be used to evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of the districtís ICAP plan.
Approval date: Sept. 22, 2014