THIS Contract, made and entered into this __________ day of ___________________, 20____ by and between the BOARD OF EDUCATION of South Conejos School District RE-10 Colorado, hereinafter called BOARD and _____________ hereinafter called ADMINISTRATOR, WITNESSETH:
WHEREAS, the BOARD is required and authorized by Colorado law to employ all personnel required to administer, maintain the operations of and carry out the educational programs of the District; and
WHEREAS, the BOARD has reviewed the available qualifications of ADMINISTRATOR and finds that the same meet the minimum requirements set forth by state law and Board policies for the capacity in which ADMINISTRATOR is being hired; and
WHEREAS, the BOARD at a regular meeting held ________________, has approved this Contract;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the preceding, the compensation set forth herein, the duties to be performed and the mutual covenants contained herein, it is agreed as follows:
1. The BOARD agrees to pay ADMINISTRATOR a salary at a rate of $____________, payable in equal monthly installments of $_______ beginning _________, 20___, and ending ______________, 20___.† The foregoing salary is in accordance with the salary schedule adopted by the BOARD for administrative positions and is exclusive of teach≠ersí salaries and teacher salary schedules.
2. ADMINISTRATOR agrees to perform the services of _________________ for such days of the academic year as designated by the BOARD, in accordance with the requirements of the BOARD, the BOARDís policies and State law, commencing ______________, 20___, and ending ______________________, 20___.
THE BOARD AND ADMINISTRATOR MUTUALLY AGREE:
1. That the term of this Contract shall be for a period of ___________ months commencing ______, 20___ and ending__________________, 20 ____.
2. That the deductions required by law or Board policy shall be made by the BOARD from the monthly installments of the salary due ADMINISTRATOR.
3. This Contract shall at all times be conditioned upon and subject to the requirement that ADMINISTRATOR hold or be entitled to hold any and all certificates, licenses or letters of authorization as are required by State law and Board policy for administrators hired in the capacity covered by the Contract, and upon failure of ADMINISTRATOR to meet this requirement, this Contract, without further action by either the BOARD or ADMINISTRATOR is automatically terminated.
4. That notwithstanding any specification, or specific reference herein, this Contract is subject to and includes all the laws of the federal, state and local governments and all duly adopted policies and rules and regulations of the BOARD and the administration of the District in existence on the effective date of the Contract and coming into existence thereafter.† The BOARD shall provide ADMINISTRATOR with a copy of the policies, procedures and regulations of the BOARD and ADMINISTRATOR shall read, understand and presume to know the contents thereof, and shall comply with the same and any revisions to the same during the period of this Contract.
5. ADMINISTRATOR agrees to pay damages to the BOARD and the BOARD agrees to collect or withhold damages from compensation due or payable to ADMINISTRATOR if ADMINISTRATOR abandons, breaches or otherwise refuses to perform services pursuant to this contract, unless ADMINISTRATOR has given written notice to the BOARD that he or she will not fulfill the obligations of this contract as follows:
during the academic year, at least 30 days written notice that he or she wishes to be relieved of this contract for the remainder of the year as of a certain date; or
prior to commencement of the succeeding academic year, at least 30 days written notice that he or she will not fulfill the obligations of this contract during the succeeding academic year (or if the school district operates an alternative year program, said notice shall be given not less than 30 days before the commencement of services pursuant to this Contract).
Such damages shall not exceed ordinary and necessary expenses of the BOARD to secure the services of a suitable replacement for ADMINISTRATOR, or 1/12 of ADMINISTRATORíS salary, whichever is less.† Such damages shall not be withheld or payable if ADMINISTRATOR has good cause for failing to provide the 30 days written notice required by this Agreement.
6. ADMINISTRATOR shall be entitled to the same sick leave and benefits and subject to the same penalties for unauthorized leave as teachers.
7. The BOARD may require ADMINISTRATOR to take a health examination pertaining to his fitness at anytime, the cost of said examination to be borne by the BOARD, and the BOARD may terminate this Contract if said examination reveals any type of health condition or conditions which may affect the efficiency or capacity of ADMINISTRATOR or which endangers the health of other persons.
8. This Contract is issued on a year-to-year basis and is not automatically renewable upon notice from the BOARD.
9. This Contract is exclusive to the employees in administrative positions.† If this employee also is serving in a teaching capacity, it shall be under a separate Teacherís Contract.
I hereby accept the foregoing offer.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† BOARD OF EDUCATION OF SCHOOL
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† DISTRICT _______________________________
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† President, Board of Education
Administrator††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Secretary, Board of Education
Adoption date: Sept. 22, 2014