The Board recognizes that facility planning is an ongoing process that requires resources to carry out short and long-range facility planning responsibilities. The superintendent shall establish a facilities planning process that includes:
1. Coordinating a process to identify, evaluate, validate, and document capital improvement needs, including the capital needs of district charter schools.
2. Maintaining and updating a comprehensive list of capital improvement needs.
3. Maintaining complete and current educational and technical specifications.
4. Providing facility needs data and background information for development of short and long-range capital improvement programs.
5. Maintaining permanent facility project record documents and providing facility record information.
6. Conducting a thorough technical evaluation of proposed school sites.
7. Providing consultation, research, and information on facility matters.
8. Keeping abreast of educational program changes/trends and their facility impact.
Adoption date: 10/28/2002
Reviewed: August 2012