President and Vice President
The president of the Board, in addition to the duties prescribed by law, shall exercise such powers as properly pertain to the office.† In carrying out the responsibilities, the president shall:
1. Preside at all meetings of the Board.
2. Serve as the main point of contact between the Board and the superintendent.
3. Consult with the superintendent in planning agendas.
4. Bring before the Board such matters as in the presidentís judgment may require the attention of the Board.
5. Be responsible for the orderly conduct of Board meetings.
6. Confer with the superintendent on crucial matters which may occur between Board meetings.
7. Call special meetings of the Board when necessary.
8. Appoint special committees, subject to the approval of the Board.
9. Sign any written contracts to which the school district may be a party.
10. Sign all official reports of the district except as otherwise provided by law.
11. Appear in behalf of the Board in all actions brought by or against it, unless individually a party in which case the duty shall be performed by the vice president.
In the absence of the president, the vice president shall have and perform all of the powers and duties of the president.
The secretary of the Board shall perform the following duties:
1. Ensure that a record is kept of all business transacted by the Board at either regular or special meetings.
2. Cause written notice to be given to each Board member of all special meetings of the Board.
3. Be custodian of the seal of the district.
4. Cause all notices of school elections to be published and posted and perform such other duties in the conduct of school elections as required by law.
5. Attest any written contract to which the district may be a party and affix the district seal thereto.
6. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board.
The treasurer shall perform or cause to be performed the following duties:
1. Account for all moneys belonging to the district.
2. Report to the Board as required for all moneys of the district.
3. Sign either by written signature or facsimile all warrants or orders drawn on the county treasurer or checks drawn on a district depository.† The Board may require the countersignature of another person.
4. Deposit to the credit of the district all moneys withdrawn from the custody of the county treasurer and all other moneys belonging to the district in one or more depositories designated by the Board.
5. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board.
Adoption Date: September 22, 2014
LEGAL REFS.:††† C.R.S. 22-32-104 (3); 22-32-105 (president and vice president)
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† C.R.S. 22-32-104 (4); 22-32-106 (secretary)
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† C.R.S. 11-10.5-111; 22-32-104 (4); 22-32-107 (treasurer)
CROSS REFS.:†††† DG, Banking Services (and Deposit of Funds)
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† DH, Bonded Employees and Officers